The Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategic objectives – which are largely integrated with and connected to the development of the long-term plan – are based on the following areas:
- Timely, correct, in-depth information to stakeholders.
- Creation of value while respecting business ethics.
- Technological investments to meet the need for sustainable mobility.
- Innovation to develop products that are environmentally friendly, safe and cost-effective.
- Decreasing energy consumption.
- Reducing CO2 emissions and emissions of other pollutants.
- Conserving natural resources.
- Waste management.
- Developing, training and promoting human resources so that everyone's expectations and aspirations are met.
- Engaging with customers in order to establish relations based on transparency and trust.
- Developing Company Advocacy in partnership with the dealer network.
- Selling products that are environmentally friendly, reliable, safe and cost-effective.
- Engaging and cooperating with suppliers through shared development projects.
- Respecting human rights.
- Fighting against corruption.
- Engaging and supporting local communities through social, cultural and educational initiatives.
These goals are consistent with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Piaggio believes that the SDGs represent an opportunity for and an approach to steer the Group’s future development. Piaggio knows its activities can contribute to achieving the following SDGs:
3. Good health and well-being
5. Gender equality
8. Decent work and economic growth
9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure
11.Sustainable cities and communities
12. Responsible consumption and production
13. Acting for the climate
The Group’s objectives include creating value for all shareholders, while complying with ethical business principles and adopting a number of key social values.
Specifically, the Group’s industrial strategy is founded upon technological innovation, which in turn is focused on environmentally friendly mobility. In this context, the Group considers research into cutting-edge solutions as a critical factor for successful investment choices and industrial and commercial initiatives. Innovation is geared to cutting pollutant emissions and consumption, as well as increasing vehicle safety.
Furthermore, Piaggio Group strongly believes that stakeholder engagement is one of the fundamental elements in the development of Piaggio and the communities where it operates, both in terms of economic success and social wellbeing.
Safeguarding the environment while carrying out all company operations is essential for humankind, technology and nature to coexist peacefully. The Group therefore makes sustainable products, which must be manufactured using production facilities with minimal environmental impact. Production systems are made sustainable through optimising process efficiency and converting facilities that are no longer competitive.
In particular, the environmental strategy for the Group’s production sites is designed to promote a more rational use of natural resources, and to minimise harmful emissions and waste from production.
People are fundamental for Piaggio. They are vital to creating added value in the long term. The Group has defined objectives for the growth, promotion and training of human resources, ensuring that each person is rewarded for the contributions they make and that their expectations and goals are met.
In order to achieve the objective of sustainable development, growth must go beyond the boundaries of the company. It must go further afield to reach suppliers and dealers, with whom Piaggio wants to cooperate being a reliable partner, forging a common ground to work and grow together, to create value for the end customer. The success of a company over time is closely linked to customer confidence and satisfaction: customers must be listened to, informed and respected, establishing relations based on transparency and trust.