An association formed to harness and further develop the rich cultural and human heritage as well as the passion which resides in the national Vespa Clubs spread all over the world.
Since 1946 Vespa has been attracting the attention of its users. Initially spontaneously and later organised and assisted by the parent company, they started to lay the foundations for Vespa Clubs which we still have. Both investments and the number of Vespa Clubs in Italy and around the world are subject to constant growth.
In 2006, the Piaggio Group and the Piaggio Foundation established the Vespa World Club (VWC), a non-profit association, created to oversee the management of Vespa Clubs, to preserve the fleet of vintage Vespas still in circulation and help collectors find and restore vintage scooters and continue to organise rallies and great races in Europe and all over the world, guaranteeing Vespa owners outstanding-quality events.
The Vespa World Club:
- Promotes initiatives and coordinates social, tourist, sports and competitive events;
- Establishes bodies representing national Vespa Clubs vis-à-vis all national and international organisations;
- Holds trophy events, rallies, competitions, shows, exhibitions, congresses, conferences and meetings;
- Deals with and acts in the interests of members; ››promotes and provides training on road safety and awareness;
- Promotes studies and historical research work on relations between Vespa and the community;
- Provides a channel for the Company to reach fans.
In 2018, the VWC organised the following events:
- Vespa World Days (international tourist rally) in Belfast (Northern Ireland) with more than 4,000 participants;
- European Vespa Rally;
- Vespa 400 commemoration;
- Historical International Vespa Archive.
Support was also provided for the organisation of the EUROAPE event, an international touring rally dedicated to APE, and held in Salsomaggiore (Parma).