- Graduate in Business Administration from Bocconi University
- Qualified as Dottore Commercialista.
- Qualified as Legal Auditor (registered at n° 61130).
July 1, 2013 - present
- Member of the statutory auditors’ board in some selected companies.
- In particular, statutory auditors’ chair-person of three companies of the Ge Capital Italian Group and standing Statutory Auditor of GE Capital Interbanca.
January 1993 - June 30, 2013:
Tax Partner of Studio Legale Tributario, a member firm of Ernst & Young.
Responsible of tax projects concerning:
- Italian and International tax planning;
- Corporate Merger, Acquisition and Reorganization;
- Application of double tax treaties, transfer pricing and cross-border transactions;
- Banking taxation;
- Tax Due Diligence.
Member/Chairperson of the Statutory Auditors board of a number of manufacturing and finance companies;
Wrote articles on Italian and International taxation;
Lecturer in tax seminars.
January 1975 – December 1992
Tax Department of KPMG:
- worked on a variety of projects concerning corporate taxation, mainly for multinational companies.
- Senior Manager from 1985.
Giovanni Barbara is Chairman of the Board of Statutory Auditors of the Company from 2004 to april 2015. Mr. Barbara graduated in Law in 1984 and obtained the specialization as Tax Expert at the University of Rome in 1986, the LLP at Yale University in 1987 and, in 2002, the Banking and Finance Master at INSEAD International Banking School of Fontainbleau (France).
He is lawyer since 1986 and he is Partner of the law firm KStudio Associato of Milano, correspondent of KPMG International, where he is also the national coordinator of Banking, Finance and Insurance Industry as well as Mergers & Acquisitions. He is legal and tax advisor for bank and industrial restructuring operations.
Starting from 2002 he is professor at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Milan. Speaker during conventions and author of publications, he is the scientific coordinator of the Master “Banca, Finanza e Mercati” managed by Il Sole 24 Ore.
Upon recommendation by the Bank of Italy he has been appointed by the Treasury Ministry as a member of the Supervisory Board of banks in extraordinary administration. Giovanni Barbara is currently Chairman of the Board of Statutory Auditors, among others, of the following companies: Alitalia – Compagnia Aerea Italiana S.p.A., Cai First, Cai Second, Credit Suisse (Italy) S.p.A., Credit Suisse Servizi Fiduciari S.r.l., Direct Line Insurance S.p.A., State Street Bank S.p.A. and State Street Holdings Italy S.r.l.
Daniele Girelli was appointed Standing Auditor of the Company in April 2015.
He graduated in Accountings in 1980; he qualified as a Professional Accountant and Business Consultant in 1983 at the Board of Chartered Certified Business Specialists of Mantua.
He is a Member of the Order of Chartered Accountants and Accounting Specialists of Mantua, of the Register of Auditors of Accounts, of the List of Technical Consultants to the Judge of the Court of Mantua.
Daniele Girelli is currently member of the Board of Auditors, among the others, of the following companies: Banca Popolare di Mantova S.p.A., Immsi S.p.A., Intermarine S.p.A. and Is Molas S.p.A..