The Moto Guzzi World Club was established in 2002 with a view to:
- promoting interest, awareness and the historic value of the Moto Guzzi brand and motorcycles;
- creating and developing bonds between the owners of Moto Guzzi motorcycles;
- organising events, meeting, conferences and competitions;
- promoting national and international motorcycle tourism and rediscovering and promoting local touring opportunities thanks to club activities and the exchange of information between members;
- creating and developing ties with non-profit organisations and other charities and sports and non-sports associations with a social, humanitarian or environmental mission, etc., which can benefit from the initiatives promoted by the Club in the motorcycling world and other sectors;
- promoting relations with the parent company and co-ordinating its own activities and those of its members with the work of other national and international brand-related clubs.
Today, after 14 years of activity, Moto Guzzi World Club boasts direct members and 82 recognised clubs in Italy plus: › 6 clubs recognised in America, Asia and Australia, representing approximately 7,500 members; › 20 clubs recognised in Europe, representing approximately 5,000 members.
Over the course of 2016 the Moto Guzzi World Club: › organised a national rally in Bordighera; › supported various rallies organised by recognised clubs; › promoted and developed the “Moto Guzzi Trophy”, safe economy run, on 6 Italian circuits (Varano dè Melegari, Imola, Magione, Franciacorta, Vallelunga, Misano) and dedicated to vintage motorcycles; › offered organisational and logistic support to the inventors of the Aprilia Cup, the competition created following the example of the Moto Guzzi Trophy, on the same dates.
The rally of the “Mediterranean Area” was also held in Puglia, in Santa Maria di Leuca, where the Guzzi clubs from Greece, Malta and Albania get together with the Moto Guzzi Club Aquile dell’Etna, Moto Guzzi Club Aquile e Rose di Calitri and Moto Guzzi Club Capo di Leuca.